HOTEL CIASA SALARES IN THE DOLOMITES
REOPENS FOR THE WINTER SEASON WITH A new green-built
LUXURY PENTHOUSE suite and exciting ALPINE experiences
October 2017 – Hotel Ciasa Salares, set in the spectacular Alta Badia area of the Dolomites, reopens for the new winter season on 7th December with a new eco designed penthouse luxury suite, named Rü Blanch. In addition, this season introduces new custom-made skiing and Alpine wellbeing experiences, as well as gourmet tours, for an extra special winter getaway.
Green-built architecture at the base of the Rü Blanch penthouse suite
Thought to connect architecture, nature and green-building design in a dynamic way, the new Rü Blanch penthouse suite has a living space that is energetically balanced to encourage an active mood when guests enter a room.
Hotel Ciasa Salares architects from the local Studio Archea specialised in the green-building approach to design the penthouse suite. Conscious space-design philosophies were used in the building process, alongside new technologies, to harness renewable energy resources and make the most of sustainable solutions.
The interiors of the new suite, from the partition walls to doors, floors and insulating panels, to the very structure of the rooms themselves, are made from locally sourced wood. The insulation is made from the wood’s fibre, while the terrace floor from handcrafted oven-smoked thermo-pine. Lime gravel from Cava Saré quarry, located a couple of kilometres away from the hotel, was used in the plastering.
The Rü Blanch penthouse suite – named after a small river that runs down the Lavarella mountain, close to the hotel – will feature a private sauna, open-air Jacuzzi in the private terrace with a panoramic view and a traditional fireplace, along with walk-in wardrobe and a ‘corner bar’ (upon request).
Starting price for the Rü Blanch penthouse suite is €1.680,00 per night on Bed and Breakfast basis, up to 2 people.
Custom-made skiing and Alpine wellbeing experiences with two in-house ski instructors
To meet the needs of savvy travellers who are looking for the ultimate Alpine experience on the Dolomites, this year Hotel Ciasa Salares welcomes ski instructors and personal trainers Ilaria Bonato and Irene Pollini Giolai. Bringing over 10 years of international experience, working abroad in countries like Australia, the two instructors offer guests bespoke alpine fitness routines and tailor-made private ski lessons.
The Special Ski Tour
For ski lovers, a special itinerary tailor-made around the guests’ desired experience, ski level and needs includes:
- Sellaronda: the Dolomites’ masterpiece for all ski lovers;
- Great War Tour;
- Mount Lagazuoi Tour and Five Towers;
- Marmolada Mountain: ski safari over the ‘Queen of the Dolomites’;
- Early morning in Kronplatz (via helicopter);
- An unforgettable excursion on the Mount Piana, the historic 2,324 metre-high mountain in the heart of the Dolomites (reachable only via helicopter);
- Free-ride experience: Val Mezdi and Val Setus (with alpine guides).
The Health & Gourmet Tour
For guests who are looking to stay active whilst maintaining nutritional balance and enjoying Hotel Ciasa Salares’ fine cuisine, the two instructors have finalised a special itinerary that includes:
- Gourmet Adventure with Ski Gourmet Safari at partnered-chalets;
- Balanced Day: healthy breakfast and lunch at Hotel Ciasa Salares’ private mountain hut;
- Full ski day + muscle relaxation in the gym (30/40” stretching session and joint mobility);
- Detox Weekend: ski and personal training with a balanced diet.
Prices and extra experiences are available upon request.
Note to the editors
- How to get there:flight to Venice/Innsbruck, 90-minute drive to hotel above San Cassiano in the Sella Ronda ski region (private hotel transfers available);
- What to do: ski, ski lessons and personal training sessions, excursions, custom-made experiences, eat;
- Best for: couples, single adults, foodies, adventure-types;
- Highlights:family-run (3 generations) 47-room hotel, refurbished in 2015; five restaurants, one of which is La Siriola that has 1 Michelin * and is run by youngest Michelin-starred chef in Italy; 1 new green-built penthouse suite which features private sauna and open-air Jacuzzi on private terrace; in-house ski instructors and personal trainers;
- Rates from: €400/night BNB, double occ.
Hotel Ciasa Salares is an experiential 47-room alpine boutique hotel. Run by the Wieser Family, the resort has an exceptional food and beverage offer and bespoke seasonal experiences linked to the Ladin destination.
For further information, please contact SPOTL1GHT Communications
+44 (0) 20 8334 4003
+44 (0) 20 8334 4007
SPOTL1GHT Communications is a London-based public relations agency with global experience
of working within the travel, luxury, lifestyle and event sectors.
Spotl1ght Communications Ltd., Willoughby House, 439 Richmond Road, Twickenham, London TW1 2AG